At the beginning of the year, I said we had no way of knowing how 2021 was going to pan out. That is still very true. This year, more than half-over, is proving unpredictable indeed. BUT…I’m going to try to focus on some positive writerly stuff. Because there is still good in the world, Mr. Frodo, and it’s worth fighting for!
So here are what my goals were for this now half-spent year:
– Read at least twenty-five books
– Write and revise Secret Project
– Edit book #3 in The Goblets Immortal trilogy (with my editors’ help)
– Send out a newsletter at least once a month
– Blog at least every-other week
This is how it’s going so far (all of this as of 8.20.21):
- Read thirty-five books
- Written over 90,000 words on Secret Project
- Found out that DEATH’S KEY (book #3) won’t release until 2023, so edits will wait)
- Sent out a newsletter every month…so far
- Blogged every week…so far
What were some of the goals you set for yourself at the beginning of the year? How are you doing so far? Don’t be hard on yourself. Remember, we’re living through a freaking PANDEMIC.
Keep your nose in a book,