A friend shared a YouTube video with me, and I found it rather inspiring. It’s about the M-word: Motivation. I don’t know about you, but I run dry…a lot. This video kindly gave me some inspiration. Here’s a link: VIDEO ON MOTIVATION. I hope you enjoy it. When you’re done, come back here (please.)
Welcome back! What did you think of the video?
Here are a few things I’m going to try in hopes of breaking free of the blah/slump/unmotivatedness I’m finding myself in:
- I’m going to take a break from working on my “Goblets” novel. I’ve been typing away at it, polishing as I go sometimes, for over a year now.
- I’m going to let myself tinker on another project, something shiny.
- There’s a slight possibly I might also pick up another art form. Dancing, singing, playing an instrument, and acting are out. Any suggestions?
- I’m going to start a rewards system like Jazza (was that his name?) suggested.
Here are some MIGHT do’s:
- Trying The Artist’s Way…again
- Artist dates with myself
- Keep a dream journal
Do you have any other ideas? I feel like I’m missing stuff.
I’m learning it’s okay to take a break. It’s okay for me to move slowly–at least, at this point in my career (the precipice of a a career, that is.)
Thanks for stopping by!
Keep your pen on the page,