Last week, I posted a fictitious tale that held a kernel of truth in it’s sun-stretched palms. This week, friends, I am going to share some cold, hard truths…. Several things in life are certain:
- Death (? – maybe? I believe in the Rapture, so I don’t know if I’ll die…fun thought, huh?)
- Taxes *cough* (No, you don’t get to learn what the cough means. It’s not exactly cheery news…)
- My mom watching an astronaut movie to lull herself to sleep
- Hearing the word NO, which leads to #5:
- Fear followed by…
The last few evenings have been full of free-floating anxiety, and I haven’t *quite* put my finger on the origins. I have my suspicions, but the truth is multi-faceted. As is my personality, but that’s a different topic for a different time.
But through the panic, God has been good. Here are the three people who have been my go-to source of comfort this last week:
- My mom. Seriously, this woman is full of sympathy and advice.
- Ruthie. She always has good words about my future, which is a comfort.
- Julene. She, like Ruthie, is full of encouragement.
^ Love these ladies.
So, I guess my advice for all you others out there struggling is this: FIND A SUPPORT SYSTEM.
If it means joining a support group online or in person, DO IT. If it means stepping outside of your comfort zone: TRY IT.
We’ve got this, guys.
Keep your pen on the page,