Well, the year is winding to close. 100 years ago, the likes of Ernest Hemingway and Gertrude Stein were flocking to Paris France and living it up. Seems like a golden age, doesn’t it? I suggest you read When Paris Sizzled by Mary McAuliffe and watch Midnight in Paris. Both are great and will give you some insight into the life and art and people of the times.
With that introductory note out of the way — whew! — and yet having very little to do with this blog post — ahem — I’d like to talk a bit about what I have planned for this coming new year. We are now two years into a global pandemic, that has to be acknowledged. Among many other things, it means that we need to be flexible and adapt. Life can change in the blinking of an eye. That’s not to say we should live in terror. No, we don’t. Be wise, is more like it. Make good choices to protect yourself and others. And learn to go with the flow.
So the things that I would like to get done and when by are subject to change…very much so. Here they are, in no particular order:
- Finish writing the first draft of Duo Book II (finish by September of 2022)
- Rewrite/revise/edit Duo Book II (finish by January of 2023)
- Finish editing Duo Book I and submit to Flame Tree Press (middle of January 2022)
- Get through edits on DEATH”S KEY with Flame Tree
- Promote my back list
- Send out a newsletter on the first Wednesday of every month
- Blog at least twice a month (as opposed to every Friday, as I did this year)
- Read at least twenty books
- Hire an editor for JUST SUPER (middle grade book)
What about YOU? What are your goals for 2022?
Keep your nose in a book,
Pick up a copy or two of THE GOBLETS IMMORTAL and HOLES IN THE VEIL from online retailers like Amazon and Barnes & Noble. They make great Christmas gifts…just sayin’!